Who am I?

Who am I? Thats a good question! I will let you know as soon as I figure it out! What I do know is that I am a writer, an animal lover, a good friend, a philanthropist, a mentor, and a Starbucks addict. Other than that, you got me!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A boy named Wink...



This is Wink the Wonder Dog! The vet hospital I work for took him in after a woman found him starved and abandoned in a parking lot. He appeared to have several bite marks on his muzzle and neck and his left eye was infected and swollen shut. He was half dead when he came to our office but quickly started to show some improvement. After some standard tests to rule out life-threatening diseases we determined that this little puppy had a fighting chance! Because of his eye I lovingly named him Wink.



Sunday consisted of me making several trips to the hospital to take care of baby Wink. He got stronger every hour and was eating like a little piglet! He seemed to be partly potty trained and had very good manners. He had obviously been neglected and was in desperate need of a bath a some tlc. He was a very good boy during his bath, though he wasn't thrilled with the process. After cleaning him up and trimming his nails he looked (and smelled) like a whole new dog! He is extremely emaciated and has a long way to go before he is a healthy pup, but he is already making huge improvements and putting on weight!



Thankfully, a very good client of the hospital's decided to adopt baby Wink. And tonight he left our facility and joined his new family for good. While I am so happy that he found a forever home, I became very attached to him. I will miss him terribly and can't help but shed a few tears at his departure. I am so proud of my baby boy and wish him a lifetime of love and happiness with his new mom and dad. Though they may change his name and make him their own, I will always think of him as my little baby Wink ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment